2009 Major Administrative Plans of Taipei City Department of Rapid Transit Systems
1. Complete construction of the Neihu line:
2. Expedite construction of the Xinzhuang and Luzhou lines, and the Nangang eastern extension:
3. Expedite construction of the Xinyi and Songshan lines:
4. Expedite construction of the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport Access MRT System's Sanchong-Taipei section:
5. Expedite construction of the Circular line Phase I and the Tucheng extension to Dingpu:
6. Expedite construction of Yuanshan Exhibition Venue of the 2010 Taipei International Flora Expo and conduct contract management of the Taipei Bus Station BOT project on Parcel No. T9.
7. Continue the drawing up of planning reports, financial plan reports, and environmental impact assessment reports for the Ankeng line, Sanying line, Xinyi eastern extension, Shezi, Shilin, Beitou light rail lines, Wanda-Zhonghe-Shulin line, North-South line, and Minsheng-Xizhi line in accordance with central government reviews.
8. Continue implementing MRT land development projects, site selection, negotiating and contracting with landowners, architectural concept design, investor selection, rights and interests allocation, contract implementation, real estate management, fund management, and the drawing up of related laws and regulations for land development, city-owned land development projects and urban renewal commissioned by other related departments, land acquisition through negotiation and purchase for the Circular line, the drawing up of investor selection documents; provide technical consultation services to the "Taichung Metropolitan MRT Wuri-Wenxin-Beitun Line Depot & Station Land Development Project," and the "Taoyuan Metropolitan MRT Network Planning and Land Development Project."
9. Improve overall information technology (IT) system performance; update UNIX computer system; update DORTS' whole IT network framework; initiate the government service network (GSN) to connect district project offices and site offices with DORTS' Intranet; continue promoting knowledge management to shape an organizational culture of learning; establish Web2.0 IT operation environment.
10. Enhance fulfillment of quality control (internal systems) and strengthen inspection of contractors' major construction items and fulfillment of quality plans; enhance management efficiency of material tests and material verification; strengthen the training, checking and approval of official documentation; improve official documentation quality and maintain zero-delay performance in dealing with official documentation; reflect current construction status and increase management efficiency of each project under the supervision of the Executive Yuan and Taipei City government.