2011 Major Administrative Plans of Taipei City Department of Rapid Transit Systems
Mission - Perform safe rapid transit construction - Pursue a human-oriented rapid transit system - Build a rapid transit system using high quality engineering - Create a sustainable rapid transit environment - Forge a new world-class metropolis
Vision Construct a high quality and efficient rapid transit system allowing easy travel in Taipei, and build an optimal MRT network up to 270 km in length.
Major Administrative Plans (1) Continue implementing construction of the Xinzhuang line: - The work scope of the section from Xinzhuang Depot to Taipei Bridge Station and the section from Dongmen Station to Guting Station of the Xinzhuang line includes civil engineering and architectural work, trackwork, installation of heat, ventilation & air-conditioning (HVAC) systems, integrated testing of the systemwide electrical and mechanical (E&M) systems, preliminary and final inspections, and preparations for inauguration. - The work scope of the Xinzhuang line New Taipei City section (Xinzhuang Depot excluded) includes processing completion & acceptance of the construction project, overseeing the manufacture, installation and testing of systemwide E&M facilities of the entire Xinzhuang line.
(2) Expedite construction of the Xinyi and Songshan lines: Continue implementing civil engineering and architectural work; perform trackwork; install heat, ventilation & air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; perform integrated testing of the systemwide electrical and mechanical (E&M) systems; construct common utility ducts; conduct design; oversee manufacture of the systemwide E&M facilities as well as the manufacture and assemblage of the electric multiple units (EMUs).
(3) Expedite construction of the Circular line Phase I and the Tucheng extension to Dingpu. The work scope includes civil engineering and architectural work, systemwide E&M facilities, and detailed design of the electric multiple units (EMUs).
(4) Expedite construction of the Taichung Metropolitan MRT Wuri-Wenxin-Beitun line, including tendering and construction of the civil engineering and architectural work, as well as tendering and detailed design of the systemwide E&M facilities and electric multiple units (EMUs).
(5) Expedite construction of the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport Access MRT System's Sanchong-Taipei section. The work scope includes implementation of the civil engineering work.
(6) Continue construction of the Taipei Children’s Amusement Park, perform exhibition maintenance of the Yuanshan Exhibition Venue of the 2010 Taipei International Flora Expo, and process completion & acceptance of the construction project.
(7) Conduct detailed design of the civil engineering and architectural work, urban rezoning, and land acquisition for the Xinyi eastern extension and the Wanda line Phase I.
(8) Continue feasibility studies, drawing up of planning reports, financial plan reports, and environmental impact assessment reports for the North-South line, Minsheng-Xizhi line, Ankeng line, Sanying line, Shezi, Shilin, Beitou light rail lines, and the north and south sections of the Circular line in accordance with central government’s reviews.
(9) Continue implementing work items as follows: MRT land development projects, site selection, negotiating and contracting with landowners, architectural concept design, investor selection, rights and interests allocation, contract implementation, real estate management, fund management, and drawing up of related laws and regulations for land development; city-owned land development projects and urban renewal commissioned by other related departments; Taipei Main Station District Parcel C1 and the eastern part of Parcel D1 joint development project; land acquisition through negotiation and purchase as well as drawing up of investor selection documents for the Circular line; budget preparation for construction of the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport Access MRT System and the Circular line Phase I; provide technical consulting services to the “Taichung Metropolitan MRT Wuri-Wenxin-Beitun Line Depot & Station Land Development Project.”
(10) Gradually improve the transmission speed of the wide area network (WAN) used by DORTS’ district project offices to promote integrated information system efficiency; introduce the Building Information Model (BIM) to increase the efficiency of construction management; expand the overall indexing platform to upgrade automatic sorting functionality and increase search speed and accuracy; continue to promote knowledge management to be applied to MRT consulting services, MRT technical training, and the compilation of MRT Technology Book Series.
Department of Rapid Transit Systems, Taipei City Government
Best viewed with 1024 x 768 resolution
Copyright 2009 Department of Rapid Transit Systems, Taipei City Government
No. 7, Lane 48, Sec. 2, Zhongshan N. Rd., Taipei City 10448, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
For callers in Taipei City, please dial 1999 Citizen Hotline (Toll-free number, calls from public telephone and prepaid card excluded).
For callers outside of Taipei City, please dial 02-2521-5550 ext. 8567 or 8568Updated: 2017/8/10 10:46:25